Will We See God
We will see his face
- Revelation 22:4, They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
- 1 Corinthians 13:12, For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
- Psalm 27:4, David says, “One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple”
- Job 19:25-27, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!”
Will We See God
- God cannot be contained, for he fills the universe. Yet, he allows himself to be contained or manifested in a unique way. God has used different ways to reveal himself in the scripture, depended on the situation.
- Ezekiel saw God when he departed from the temple.
- Moses spoke to God face to face and yet his deity is not limited.
- Israel saw a Fire by night – whirl wind by day when they left Egypt.
- Consider the burning bush, cloud at transfiguration.
- Moses, I will cover Exodus 33:22-23, When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”
- Scriptures describe him with Hair white as snow, eyes like flames of fire, feet burnish bronze, likeness in human appearance. Waist like gleaming metal and fire. Fire and brightness flows out of him.
- God fills the universe, God is Spirit, God cannot be contained yet God shows us himself in unique ways.
God Revealed in Jesus Christ
- God in the face of Jesus Christ.
- Hebrews 1:3, The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being.
- Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” and “If you have seen me you have seen the Father.
- The clearest picture of the Triune God is found in the face of Jesus Christ.
- John 14:9, Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
- Jonathan Edwards: Seeing God in the glorified body of Christ is the most perfect way of seeing God; for in seeing a real body that one of the persons of the Trinity has assumed to be his body, and that he dwells in forever as his own in which the divine majesty and excellency appears as much as ‘tis possible for it to appear in outward form or shape.”
- I. Packer, “By incarnation the Son became more than he was before, and a human element became integral to the ongoing life of the Triune God... Christ’s glorified humanity, which is the template and link for the glorification that is ours, must go on forever.”
We Will See God In Creation
- Romans 1:20, For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
- Psalm 19:1-4, The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
- Jesus said in Luke 19:40,“I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” How much more in the eternal kingdom.
- Seeing God throughout the New Creation. These are signposts pointing back to God.
We Will See God In Each Other
- We are made in His image and we are being transformed into that image with ever-increasing glory.
- 2 Corinthians 3:7-9, 18,Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory. 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
- We will see God in others, they will all reflect the Lords Glory.
- The Holy Spirit is also described in the scriptures as a dove, mighty wind, fire, water. Will we see similar things in Glory?
- The Triune God sits on one throne and shows their oneness. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit will fill the New Creation completely for “Where could we flee from His presence.” and yet they may reveal themselves in very unique ways depending on the situations.
- Look The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, and Revelation 5:6, “Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders.”
We Will Know God
- God is the heart and soul of heaven.
- John 17:3, Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
- God gives us himself and our heart will have a desire to worship.
- Psalm 63:1, You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water… Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
- We would love to be like this always, but sometimes we just don’t have the strength.
Sometimes Our Hearts Are Grounded
- Many times are hearts and minds are not on worship. We live is a fallen world and we seemed to be pulled down to this shadow land and it hinders the way we want to worship.
- Often it seems easier to be excited about the ones we love because we can see, feel and touch them. We love the Lord but it seems a continual challenge stay engaged and have a continual heart of worship.
- The thought of Heaven and worshiping continually can be scary because we look at our past and we see our failures, our inconsistencies and all the things that try to lay hold of our hearts.
- Take heart for God knows our limitations, Psalm 103:13-14, As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
- We worship and Invisible God, that is why Jesus can say, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
- God will create in us a heart of worship.
- Ezekiel 11:19-20, “I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.
- If God did this for His glory and honor here, how much more where he dwells with man